Lenzing Group builds world’s largest lyocell fiber plant in Thailand
- Lenzing plans to invest more than EUR 1 bn in new lyocell fiber production facilities
- First expansion phase with 100,000 tons approved in Thailand
- State-of-the-art production plant enhances global specialty fibers footprint
- Accelerates business growth with TENCEL™ branded fibers
- Biogenic energy supply fosters low CO2 emissions and climate protection
Lenzing – The Lenzing Group is substantial increasing its production of lyocell fibers to meet the strong demand for these products and further strengthening its position as an industry leader in specialty fibers. Over the next years, it plans to invest more than EUR 1 bn in new production facilities for lyocell fibers. The first expansion phase of this ambitious growth plan, the construction of a state-of-the art lyocell fiber production plant in Prachinburi (Thailand), has now been approved. The plant will have a capacity of 100,000 tons and feature investments of approximately EUR 400 mn.