Lenzing Group with an excellent start into 2021
Lenzing – The Lenzing Group had a clearly positive revenue and earnings development in the first quarter of 2021. Growing optimism in the textile and apparel industry as a result of the vaccination progress and the continuing recovery in retail led to a significant increase in demand and higher prices in the global fiber market.
• Significant increase in operating result: EBITDA at EUR 94.5 mn, cash flow from operating activities more than tripled
• Major strategic projects continue fully on track – production start of the lyocell plant in Thailand expected in the fourth quarter 2021
• Upper Austria’s largest photovoltaic plant at the Lenzing site
• Lenzing exits Hygiene Austria joint venture
• Guidance 2021: Lenzing expects operating result at least at pre-crisis level
Please read the attached document for more information.