Checkpoint expands its feature HALO platform
Checkpoint Systems, the vertically integrated solutions provider for retail, has announced the expansion of its HALO®Internet of Things (IoT) RFID software platform with the release of HALO 12.2.0.
Building on the software platform, this latest release includes a number of new features that will elevate it further.:
- Enhanced replenishment capabilitiesmaking picking and sales floor stocking easier, faster and more efficient. This saves retailers time, improves the customer shopping experience and drives increased revenue
- Expanded in-store receiving capabilities, providing stores with improved insights into stock arrivals, driving sales by ensuring the stock gets onto the sales floor faster
- Enhanced omnichannel in-store fulfilment with expanded shipping and packing capabilities. Retailers can make the most efficient use of their bricks and mortar stores to handle omnichannel purchases
- Continued expansion of RFID label options with new tagging features that are compatible with a wide variety of label options, providing easy-to-use processes that make a store associate’s job more efficient every day
- Expanded reporting capabilities provides a comprehensive performance overview of the business with metrics on KPIs that facilitate enterprise-wide successes all in one easy-to-access location
- Increased RFID device options, making the software platform compatible with a wider range of devices already deployed by stores
- More inventory count options via new standard API that simplifies connections to different fixed sensors, robots and drones. This makes the stock counting process more accurate and efficient
- Expanded translation capabilities, facilitating quick and efficient customisation to local dialects so that HALO can be deployed fasteracross an international estate.