adidas re-imagines football jerseys as streetwear
adidas launches its new LFSTLR jersey collection, featuring the season 23/24 third jerseys of some its leading clubs, re-imagined as fashion-focused, lifestyle streetwear.
LFSTLR blurs the lines between football performance and streetwear culture, re-defining what it means to represent your club away from the terraces. The collection includes adaptations of the third jerseys of Arsenal, FC Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester United and Real Madrid, retaining the overall design blueprint of the authentic on-pitch and fan versions but with a focus on wearability and comfort over pure performance for the field of play.
Each jersey is made with an elevated base material, including heavier superior fabrics for additional comfort as well as featuring a more premium trim execution and detailing to truly ramp up the style factor. The application of a tonal adidas badge gives each jersey a clean, crisp look that gives the club crests additional prominence. Between 70-100% of the materials used in each jersey are from recycled or renewable sources.
adidas worked with each club to appoint a Creative Lead, tapping into the worlds of fashion and music, and ensuring the unique flair of each team came through with bespoke individuality:
- Arsenal linked up with Grammy-award winning rapper, Pusha T
- FC Bayern collaborated with Achraf, one of the hottest names in the German fashion and music industry
- Juventus called upon Italian style with fashion photographer Giampaolo Sgura
- Manchester United teamed up with Nigerian Afropop singer-songwriter, Adekunle Gold & Manchester’s The KTNA
- Real Madrid worked with renowned Mexican rapper, Alemán