Textile Technology section
IFKT: call for abstracts
The 50th International Federation of Knitting Technologists (IFKT) 2020 Congress, which takes place in Belfast/UK from June 9-11, 2020, is focused on the latest scientific and technical advances and innovations in knitted textiles, bringing together various universities, research and technological centers, companies and all those interested in these diverse and analogous areas.
The congress aims to represent a forum for exchanging ideas, presenting the latest developments and trends, proposing new solutions and promoting international collaborations. Topics include, among others, innovation in knitting technology; technical textiles; and finishing treatments of the knitted fabrics.
The federation invites the submission of abstracts for oral or poster presentation at the conference, with the deadline for submission of February 21, 2020.
For further information: www.ulster.ac.uk/conference/50th-ifkt-international-conference
dfv media group
Clotech 2020: call for papers for Clotech and Doctoral School
Under the heading “Innovative Technologies for Development and Assembling of Functional Textile Products”, the Clotech 2020 congress will take place from September 10-11, 2020 in Dresden/Germany. Hosted by the Institute of Textile Machinery and High Performance Material Technology (ITM), Dresden, the event takes place biennially.
Conference topics will be:
• advanced materials and technologies in the production of clothing,
• directions for innovation and development of clothing,
• new trends in fashion, design and construction of clothing,
• comfort and well-being,
• protective clothing,
• therapeutic clothing,
• intelligent textiles and clothing (textronics, PCM, sensors, actuators, etc.),
• mass customization and rapid prototyping,
• clothing testing and modelling,
• thermal manikins,
• computer techniques in designing and making up the clothing,
• marketing and competitiveness of textiles in the European market,
• standardization and certification of textiles and clothing.
Applicants are asked to submit abstracts on the above subjects to be considered for presentation. Abstract submission is February 15, 2020. One author can present one oral presentation and one poster.
Clotech will also host a supplementary event: the Doctoral School for Innovative Clothing Technology on September 9, 2020 in Dresden. The doctoral school is a place for active exchange between PhD students and experts with time for discussions. All PhD students are motivated to present their research.
For further information: www.clotech.eu
dfv media group