Textile Technology section
Water UK: soluble wet wipe awarded Fine to Flush accreditation
The world’s first 100% environmentally friendly soluble wet wipe that dissolves in seconds when immersed in water has been awarded the Fine to Flush accreditation by Water UK, London/UK. Fine to Flush is the new official standard identifying which wet wipes can be flushed down toilets safely. The new wet wipes from McCormack Innovation, Kirkcaldy/UK, are not only flushable, they are also biodegradable for landfill.
Wet wipes are the principal cause of 50-70% of blockages in UK sewers. There are around 300,000 sewer blockages each year, costing the country in excess of £100m annually. The majority of wet wipes contain various synthetic fibers, which makes their disposability problematic and time consuming. Some wet wipes could take as long as 100 years to biodegrade.
dfv media group
Clotech 2020: call for papers for Clotech and Doctoral School
Under the heading “Innovative Technologies for Development and Assembling of Functional Textile Products”, the Clotech 2020 congress will take place from September 10-11, 2020 in Dresden/Germany. Hosted by the Institute of Textile Machinery and High Performance Material Technology (ITM), Dresden, the event takes place biennially.
Conference topics will be:
• advanced materials and technologies in the production of clothing,
• directions for innovation and development of clothing,
• new trends in fashion, design and construction of clothing,
• comfort and well-being,
• protective clothing,
• therapeutic clothing,
• intelligent textiles and clothing (textronics, PCM, sensors, actuators, etc.),
• mass customization and rapid prototyping,
• clothing testing and modelling,
• thermal manikins,
• computer techniques in designing and making up the clothing,
• marketing and competitiveness of textiles in the European market,
• standardization and certification of textiles and clothing.
Applicants are asked to submit abstracts on the above subjects to be considered for presentation. Abstract submission is February 15, 2020. One author can present one oral presentation and one poster.
Clotech will also host a supplementary event: the Doctoral School for Innovative Clothing Technology on September 9, 2020 in Dresden. The doctoral school is a place for active exchange between PhD students and experts with time for discussions. All PhD students are motivated to present their research.
For further information: www.clotech.eu
dfv media group