Nonwovens Industry Demonstrates Readiness to Return to Business In-Person
- World of Wipes® International Conference Expected to Draw More than 400 Attendees July 12-15 in Atlanta
As business activity emerges with renewed enthusiasm post-pandemic, more than 400 attendees are expected to attend the World of Wipes® International Conference July 12-15 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis with over 50 tabletop exhibits at the two evening receptions.
In a sign of the industry’s strong desire to return to business in-person, INDA is anticipating a full show for a dynamic interactive experience with wipes industry professionals at WOW 2021. With less than a month to go, over 350 wipes professionals have already registered and registration remains open.
“We are pleased to open our doors for WOW 2021 and have our wipes professionals gather once again for face-to-face business, educational program content and social interactions,” said Dave Rousse, INDA President. “INDA is looking forward to welcoming industry friends to re-engage and bringing attendees together to forge new relationships.”
The three-day conference will deliver the latest insights and material science developments in key areas for business growth in this vital market with themes focused on sustainability issues, the impact of COVID-19 on consumer wipes, regulatory trends, flushability and more.
WOW 2021 Highlights
July 12 – The learning gets started with the separate one-and-a-half-day WIPES Academy led by Chris Plotz, INDA Director of Education and Technical Affairs, providing critical training on research, development and manufacturing of wipes. WOW 2021 will officially kick off with an evening welcome reception in the Marriott’s Imperial Foyer.
July 13 – WOW attendees are greeted by INDA’s President, Dave Rousse. The compelling conference program gets underway with the following sessions:
- Wipes and the Growing Plastics Debate
- Government Affairs Update
- The Confusing World of Regulations Impacting the Disinfecting and Sanitizing Wipes
- Presentations by the three finalists for the World of Wipes Innovation Award® – Kimberly-Clark Scott Sanitizing Wipes, Lenzing™ Lyocell Skin fibers and Shark
July 14 – Industry-leading experts will present on thought-provoking topics related to wipes trends, innovations, sustainable packaging and the impact of COVID-19 during this packed second day. Among the not-to-be-missed sessions are:
- Trends in the Wipes Market and Among Consumers
- Innovation in Wet Wipe Preservatives
- COVID-19 Impact on Wipes Consumption and Cleaning Habits
- Sustainable Packaging and Dispensing for Wipes
July 15 – Sustainability will be a headliner for this third day as well as the presentation of INDA’s prestigious award for innovation.
- Nonwoven Substrates for More Sustainable Wipes
- Flushable Wipes: Loved by Consumers, Wrongly Accused by Utilities
In addition to the strong conference content, at least 50 companies will exhibit their products and services during two evenings of one-and-a-half-hour tabletop exhibitions with networking receptions.
WOW 2021 will conclude with the exciting announcement of the World of Wipes Innovation Award® by Dave Rousse.
In addition to the live component, a conference recording will be available on demand two weeks after the event. INDA maintains its commitment to adhering to all CDC protocols and guidelines for a safe event. For the full event details, visit the WOW website.